Saturday, January 28, 2012

Memories of Valentine’s Day

By: JKristia Aranzamendez Guinto

I can still remember the day,
When we were together, celebrating Valentine’s Day.
You and I both knew,
Our love was so strong as we vowed anew..

It had seemed a typical day for me, but not for you.
I thought you have forgotten to greet me too.
But then you have surprised me with flowers and notes all over,
No one ever did that to me before, my lover.
Image credit: JKGuinto

A dinner for two, what more could I ask?
Whenever I’m with you, my heart beats so fast.
These memories, they always come back to life,
Wonder if you also remember these things we once had.

Now Valentine’s Day is getting near,
I wish that you’re beside me again, my dear.
‘Coz that Valentine’s with you was the best,
It was the most special among the rest.

God knows how much I love you,
I know you love me too, but not as much as I do.
All the things that we’ve gone through,
had taught me lessons, thanks to you.

I keep  my door open for you to regain
and maybe someday, it will be us again.
In God’s time, with the right reasons,
We’ll celebrate together then, in all the seasons.

I’m still glad that we’re only good friends now,
Memories will be forever in my heart somehow.
You will still have my heart until the end of time,
Glad that I once had you my first love, my Valentine.

No comments:

Post a Comment