Friday, January 27, 2012

And So My Heart Sings...on Valentine's Day

By; JENNIFER Z. MANESE

Hello there my beau
I just called to say I love you
For tonight I celebrate my love
Singing young and free as a dove.
Image credit by Bryan Elevado


I was thirteen living my teenage dream
‘Twas easy just like eating an ice cream
No one told me that love is a mystery
What I knew is that it was extraordinary

I never thought that at a moment like this,
I’ve got to know what love is
I’m young, nobody wants to be lonely
I need someone who could make me happy

First time I ever saw your face,
My heart sped up as if it was winning a race
Tonight, I’ll be honest, I’ll be blunt
I know you’re the one that I want

I’ll stay with you, this I promise
Because you’re the last person I wanna miss
Now I’ve thought my choices through
I can't live without you, I just don’t want to

February, hey now I’m excited
For once again I’ll get to see my beloved
Waiting for Valentine's Day, set aside your work
‘Cause on the 14th you’ll be my firework


No comments:

Post a Comment