Friday, August 15, 2008

Wordy Wednesday, A Meme From Eric of Ruminations of a Small Town Mountain Boy



I picked up this Meme from Eric of "Ruminations of a Small Town Mountain Boy" and "Chihuatude".

Eric is a great, generous and dynamic blogger who have introduced new concepts into the world of blogging. Read his posts: Monday's Writers of the Web, to understand what I mean. It's only him who has this series of visiting blogs and writing about them in his blog, every Monday.

This Meme that Eric has created is good for writers because you can learn new words and enjoy the challenge of putting it into use. It also allows you to interact with other writers in the blogging world.

The idea is to pick a word from Eric's list, and leave a comment informing the author of the word. The author then must use the word in the commenter's blog. The comment using the word should be related to the most recent post of the blog. (Did I get it right, Eric?)

Just like Eric, I won't pass this on. Anyone who wants to be tagged is welcome.

Just copy the Meme and rules on your own site and leave a comment on this post so I can come and visit you with the challenge of commenting on your latest post- using the word you've selected.

I decided to use Eric's choices as I find them good words and saves me from searching for new words.

Happy blogging !

Words of the day.

1. chichi

\SHEE-shee\, adjective:
Affectedly trendy.

2. enervate

\EN-ur-vayt\, transitive verb:
1. To deprive of vigor, force, or strength; to render feeble; to weaken.
2. To reduce the moral or mental vigor of.

3. provenance

\PROV-uh-nuhn(t)s\, noun:
Origin; source.

4. exalt

\ig-ZOLT\, verb:
1. To praise, glorify, or honor.
2. To heighten or intensify.
3. To raise in rank, character, or status; as, "exalted the humble shoemaker to the rank of King's adviser."

5. tittle-tattle

\TIT-uhl TAT-uhl\, noun:
1. Idle, trifling talk; empty prattle.
2. An idle, trifling talker; a gossip.

6. vexillology

\vek-sil-AHL-uh-jee\, noun:
The study of flags.

7. asperity

\as-PAIR-uh-tee\, noun:
1. Roughness of surface; unevenness.
2. Roughness or harshness of sound; a quality that grates upon the ear.
3. Roughness of manner; severity; harshness.

6 comments:

  1. You got it right Jena. I may do this each Wednesday, It's been very fun indeed. Thank you so much for exalting my meme. I think I will choose the word tittle-tattle for you. Enjoy, and have a grand weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eric ,

    Tittle tattle--he he he...okay..aye aye..will try to do it.. Thanks for the visit.

    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. vexillology


    This is the first time I ever encountered this word.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have to work on my vocabulary. I mean, it's not as expansive as most writers'.

    :)


    Btw, I'm not from Sagada. I just fell in love with the place. I've been there a number of times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. H Pinoycopywriter,

    Nice of you to drop by, Vexillology...whew..that's a tough one. let me try.

    Thanks and happy blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi MJ,

    I thought you were from Sagada. Yes, Indeed it is a pleasant place to be in. Peaceful..

    Thanks for the visit. All the best.

    ReplyDelete