Friday, April 26, 2013

Random Thoughts: Some People La la la...

 By: Why Bee

It is said that the only thing permanent is change. I haven't lived that long a life but I've lived long enough to see people pass me by and change. Some of them I don't even think I know anymore. I sometimes stare at the grass and wonder how I grew apart from those I spent my childhood days with. Some of the people I used to know as sweet and simple are now daring and complicated some the opposite while a few never change.

A few days ago, I saw one of my favorite high-school classmates, she was dressed like any ordinary person going to church would but her face was still exceptionally beautiful. I was happy to see her after about 2 years of not seeing each other. I approached her even though she had a big entourage of friends and admirers. There I was, a small man in farmer's clothing coming near the center of attention and the people around had the expression in their eyes saying "Who are you little man?" To their shock she openly gave me a hug. She seemed very happy to see me too.

a few moments of talking to her and exchanging stories and the people around her mistook me for her uncle because of my mustache and the way I talked. I was beginning to think I wouldn't get home alive because of the way her admirers were looking at me. I was invited to come swimming them but I told her I was broke and can't pay for the resort's gate fee. Regardless of having no money with me at all, she gave me a free ride on her Van with her friends.

To clarify things she told them the long history we had together along with a few of our other friends. They laughed when they realized that we were merely good old friends, the girl I once knew as a sad and needing friend is now a beautiful flower admired by many.

No comments:

Post a Comment