Saturday, November 14, 2009

Bookshop and Reading

Ask any writer what his hobbies are and one would always be reading. I have never come across a writer who is not a voracious reader. This is because books are vital sources of information and knowledge. They keep us abreast of things we should know. We could travel the world through books. We could learn anything from books: from sewing, to blogging, to carpentry, to physics, to chemistry and many more. Reading would always be a major part of our continuing education.


Even if you’re not a writer, reading books is one hobby that is definitely worth pursuing because of its many positive outcomes. A bookshop therefore, should be one of the places that a person should visit when shopping offline or online.

I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw the prices of these books on a bookshop online. They’re so cheap yet, very good reads, and there are several options to choose from. There are college ebook and ebook gadgets, fiction and non-fiction, novels and children’s books. There are even audio books. Name it, and they’ll most likely have them.

I had promised myself I’ll be going back to reading again one book within a month. I used to read 1 or 2 books within a week, but blogging and my regular daytime job are just too much to handle. But I’ll surely fulfill this goal from now on.

2 comments:

  1. I remember one time when I was selling our book to my friends and they asked if the book was already available at the bookstores, well I said it is more cost effective to buy it directly from the author. LOL

    Of course, I told them that they could buy it on ebay using paypal.

    Let's keep reading and writing.

    Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. After the re-printing, It would be in selected bookstores. I'm thinking of having an ISBN number for it, so it could be available anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete