Tuesday, July 8, 2008

ARTE Y PICO AWARD


This award was given several days ago but it's only now that I have decided to accept it because I feel it in my heart that it was given in "good faith" by Durano of "The Spitting Vessel".
I have to admit that I was tremendously honored because Durano is one of the writers I admire. In fact, I had thought of awarding him again this trophy.

The Spitting Vessel, is a blog about current controversial issues, interesting insights into world events and factual, no-nonsense posts about truth laid bare.

The author is knowledgeable about a lot of topics from boxing, to cannabis sativa to architecture, etc.

What an unusual mix, don't you agree? It speaks of the writer's versatility and prolificity.

I copypasted from Durano's blog the rules for this award.

- Start of excerpt-

"The rules governing the Award recipients involve the following:

1. Recipients must pick 5 blogs they consider deserving of this award for creativity, design, interesting material, and for contributing to the blogging community in whatever language.

2. Each of the 5 selected blogs must include the name of the author and a link to his/her site to be visited by readers.

3. The recipient must show the award and indicate the name and link to the blog of the one that handed it to him/her.

4. All Award recipients must include a link to the Arte y Pico site to inform all readers about the origin of this award."

According to Arte y Pico - the translation in English of the term is- "Wow. The Best Art. Over the top."

- End of excerpt-

I have at least a dozen blogs I would like to award the trophy to, but since it is an Arte Y Pico Award, I will have to select among my favorite Art, Writing & Literature blogs.

The 5 Writing blogs I have selected are: (In no particular order)

I. Caught In The Stream - Author: Francis Escudellari
http://in-
the-stream.blogspot.com.

Francis is a poet, a writer, a painter all rolled into one - an artist exemplare - that is how I describe him.

His blog features his extraordinary, wonderful work of art. I usually feel like I'm entering into a totally different realm when I visit his blog.

I feel mentally titillated when I read and view his poetry, short stories and paintings, because they evoke a sense of meaningful and participatory input from me - the reader/viewer.

If you want to know what I'm talking about - visit his blog.

II. Ken Armstrong Writing Stuff - Author: Ken Armstrong http://kenarmstrong.blogspot.com/

This writer needs no lengthy introduction as he is already a well - known personality in the Entrecard world- talk about the first comment bomb - that's Ken's Music and Driving post. His writing style, prances around you, like an insouciant, playful kid that refreshes and makes you smile - and even makes you guffaw at times - He is an exceptional raconteur. I always enjoy and look forward to his invigorating, smooth flowing personal stories.

Ken, you don't have to formally accept this award. I know this is the second, being awarded the first by Matt Urdan of MTMD, so it's okay. I just wanted to acknowledge you.


III. The Esoterical Journey - Author: Ray Gratzner
http://esoteric-journey.blogspot.com/

I refer to Ray as The Philosopher. When I think on the lines of " Cogito, ergo sum", "Tabula rasa", Carpe diem" - then I visit his blog. His thoughts are profound and worthy of perusal. The concepts he presents in his posts are nuggets of wisdom that one could glean and learn from.

He writes about life in general - the intricate webs that is interspersed with human behavior and many more thought provoking topics.

He maintains a German version of this blog and writes fluently in both English and German languages.


IV. The Big Picture - Author: Tasha Bud
http://loveandromance-tashabud.blogspot.com/

Tasha is a budding romantic writer who created and is still in the process of creating a passionate and heart-wrenching novel about the joys and pains of being in love.

She courageously and wholeheartedly shares her novel "in the making" with her increasing number of readers.

Be an eager witness to her first written novel as she unravels her characters in this romantic, passionate composition. I'm still a romantic at heart so I read her posts voraciously.

V. Pinoy Around The World - Author: Mathe Baniaga
http://modernmariaclara.wordpress.com/

Mathe is a SAHM who has the passion and desire to write. Her poignant stories are about the adventures and misadventures of Filipino workers abroad.

In her simple, crisp manner, she recounts these stories as if they were her own - bringing the scene vividly into the reader's mind.

Watch out for more of her true and interesting stories in her Pinoy blog.

11 comments:

  1. Uy! Grabe am so touched and honoured!

    thank you po!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel honored that you think I'm worthy of such a prestigious award. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the award Jena. You're very deserving of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jena, I just came from Eric S. @ http://smalltownmountainboy.blogspot.com/ site and read a good review of your story. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mathe, you deserve it, for your style and simplicity. Congratulations!


    Tasha, you are worthy of it..any unpublished writer who could beautifully write the way you do, deserves the award. Congratulations!

    Francis, who ever can create a work of art from a toothpaste is rightfully deserving of the award. You're the ultimate artists. Congratulations!

    Tasha, I read Eric's post, I'm really honored by his positive comments. Thanks to him and to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear jena, thank you for thinking of me. I will take the award, but maybe it will take a little time for me, to post it.
    By the way congratulation for being rewarded.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Ray, It's okay if it will take you a long time posting it. That is what happened to mine too.

    Happy blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's an award and a meme and a link-back all in one. These things are cool in that you can reward other bloggers you have come to appreciate.
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Brady for the visit, I appreciate it a lot.

    Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear jena, tomorrow I will post my award, thank you again. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ray, no worries. Post or not post it, there are no obligations. I just wanted to acknowledge your talent.

    Happy blogging.

    ReplyDelete